My Basics for a Healthy Lifestyle
Low-carb. No carb. Vegan. High-carb Vegan. High fat Vegan. Meat only. Organic. Non-GMO. Macrobiotic. Keto. Paleo. There is enough information out there to make your head absolutely spin off your neck.
If you’re confused, I hear you. I am also confused and I get bogged down in the details. After completing my training to become a health coach, I was inundated with information on how to take control of my health. Well, here are the straight-up, scientifically proven, no BS ways to Get. It. Done.
- Sleep. Absolutely, sleep. Quantity and quality both matter here, folks. A lack of sleep, and especially deep sleep, is linked to depression, weight gain, and overeating. This all makes sense. When you’re not getting enough sleep, your body is trying to create more energy by telling you to eat more food. Additionally, you’re too tired to move, so exercise isn’t even on the radar.
- Water. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. I love being the horrific person in the group that’s carrying around a giant water jug with me.
- Vegetables. When it comes down to the absolute basics, eating more veggies will never, ever harm you. Unless, of course, you’re deathly allergic to eggplant. In that case, don’t eat the eggplant.
- Stress reduction. As much as I hate to admit it, this one is incredibly challenging. Our bodies were created for small bursts of stress/adrenaline (to run away from a Mastodon, for example). The constant stress that we’re putting on ourselves each day causes many of our ailments. How do we reduce stress? It’s different for different people, but this is definitely one of my favorite topics to discuss.
- Movement. Anything goes here. This one, much like reducing stress, is a bit tricky when we’re all staring at technology 16 out of our 17 daily waking hours. Work on things that are attainable to you, and make fun goals for yourself to reach.
Still daunting? Unsure how to make all these aspects fit into your life? Doing all this and more, but still feel as though you’re feeling your best? Let’s chat and see how I can help! While drinking a tall glass of water.Schedule a call with me