Banana-Egg-Oat Pancakes & Waffles!
My general rule of thumb when cooking healthfully is – where can I shove more superfoods, greens, lean proteins into my regularly scheduled programed meals to make my life as easy and delicious as possible? I love recipes where I can add in superfoods, seeds, and protein powders.
This recipe can be made into either pancakes on a griddle or sauté pan, or waffles with a waffle maker. They are super simple, take just 5 minutes, and they keep well for a make-ahead breakfast or snack. I also love to make a big batch of this (4 – 6 batches) to have as a handy snack throughout the week.
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oats (I use organic gluten-free rolled oats)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon (or more) cinnamon
- Optional Add-Ins:
- 1 serving protein powder (I love Vital Proteins Marine Collagen)
- ½ tablespoon flaxseeds
- ½ tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ tablespoon hemp hearts
- ½ tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon mushroom powder
- Put all ingredients into a blender, including desired add-ins, and blend away until thoroughly combined
- In a skillet set over medium-low heat, melt 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. If making waffles, preheat iron and spray with coconut oil or avocado oil.
- Pour batter into skillet or into waffle iron
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, flip, and cook for 2-4 more minutes
- Serve warm with toppings of choice!
- Optional Toppings:
- Any kind of nut butter
- Pure maple syrup