These are a few of my favorite breakfasts!
Anyone else grow up in the 90s hearing that breakfast is the “most important meal of the day”? A bit contradictory, since we were all eating sugar-laden processed cereals, toaster brekkies that resembled cake with frosting, and enough sugar-water (read: “fruit” juice) to battle bottles of soda. All that being said, I’m a huge advocate of really listening to your body. What does that mean? Eating when you’re hungry. If you’re not hungry for breakfast, eat when you ARE hungry. When we are craving a killer breakfast, let’s make sure the breakfast that you are eating when hunger strikes is going to nourish you. Cravings are also a real thing – if there is something that you’re craving, go ahead and have a beautiful, healthful version of that!
My favorite go-to breakfasts:
- My Wild Blueberry Collagen Smoothie. It’s wonderfully customizable for any dietary needs!
- Pancakes. But, I make mine a very special way. Banana-egg-oat blender pancakes are my favorite healthful alternative.
- Seed breads topped with avocado, or egg, or butter and egg, or almond butter and jam, or almond butter and honey. Oh man, I’m getting hungry
- Oatmeal with all the fixins! This is also a great way to add in any fun superfoods, like chia, hemp, protein powder, etc!
- Homemade chia pudding. I like to add in 1 cup almond milk (either Malk, or blending together 1 tablespoon almond butter and filtered water to make additive-free plant milk), ¼ cup chia seeds, a couple small dashes of stevia, and a teaspoon of vanilla extract together, and shaking it together. Let it “gel” and top with some goodies!
- Banana oatmeal cookies.
- I love a good dairy-free yogurt (like Kite Hill) with my Sugar Free Granola.
Enjoy breaking the fast!Schedule a call with me