How to Customize Your Day
With most venues being absolutely stunning, AND venues having their own ivory/simple linens, we’ve since moved away from the ideas of wedding “colors” and certain motifs. So, how can we truly incorporate style into a day that should be uniquely “you” when many details have already been chosen, without breaking the bank? Especially if you want your day to look different than every single other wedding the venue hosts! Here are a couple of ideas, starting with the most obvious to the most “out-of-the-box”!
- Choose florals carefully
Your florist (along with your planner) is your best friend when it comes to creating a color or motif story throughout the day. Most importantly – repurpose florals throughout the day! Bridesmaids bouquets make great bar decor!
- Add in extra decor on tables, such as runners, ornate votives, and specific napkins
I love a colorful runner or some ornate votive candles set on the dining tables or on the high-tops during cocktail hour. This is where you can showcase your DIY skills, and put some really good family/friends to use 🙂
- Bridal Party Attire!
Indeed – this is where you can play around! Pocket squares for the guys, fun jewelry/shoes for the girls. If you really want to be fun and different, ask ALL your guests to wear a certain color palette. This works best for smaller weddings.
- Add a charger to your place setting
This goes along with adding in extra decor. Adding in a charger really spices things up and helps to add bulk to your dinner table.
- Choose your “signature cocktails” that match your desired palette. Or, choose to upgrade/rent some colorful, fun glassware that matches the aesthetic. If color isn’t your thing – how about a 20s style coupe champagne glass?
- You can even upgrade silverware to evoke a certain aesthetic! I love colored silverware – blush or a rich yellow gold is gorgeous.
- All the paper goods – signage, escort cards, programs, menu cards, table number indicators, seating charts and easels for signs, and the guest book – can be customized to sprinkle your colors and motifs throughout the day. You can even start this when you’re choosing Save the Dates and Invitations!